Mindfulness and Navigating/Mediating Difficult Conversations
with John Kinyon and Stephanie Bachmann Mattei
How to Attend the Online Meetings of the Weekly Classes
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
If you're using Zoom for the first time, you can find more information about how to use Zoom here.
Or join by phone:
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +1 408 638 0968, or +1 646 876 9923,
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 669 900 6833
+1 (646) 558 8656 or +1 (408) 638 0968
Meeting ID: 969-755-210
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference
Please note that mobile devices (smartphones, tablets etc.) generally cannot download files. To play a recording on your device, use the media players on this page. To transfer a file to your device, first download it to a computer and then sync it to your device.
mondays, 3/19/18 - 4/30/18 (skipping 4/23) (six SESSIONS)
12:00PM-2:00PM PACIFIC (CALIFORNIA) TIME
Mediate Your Life Book by John Kinyon and Ike Lasater
- From Conflict to Connection: Transforming Difficult Conversations into Peaceful Resolutions. A Mediate Your Life approach to mediating conflicts and difficult conversations between self and others.
Recommended NVC Books Related to This Course
- We Can Work It Out. By Marshall Rosenberg, Ph.D. Booklet on NVC Mediation.
- Speak Peace in a World of Conflict. Book by Marshall Rosenberg, Ph.D.
Click here to link to more learning resources
Learning Resources for the Course
- Mediate Your Life Training Manual. 5th edition [Click to Open]
- Handout #1 - Universal Feelings & Needs sheet [Click to Open]
- Handout #2 - Self-Connection Practice [Click to Open]
- Handout #3 - Elements of Empathy [Click to Open]
- Handout #4 - 3Chairs Process for Difficult Conversations [Click to Open]
- Handout #5 - Triad Practice Suggested Protocol [Click to Open]
- Handout #6 - Compassionate Body Scan Meditation [Click to Open]
- Video Recording of Session 1 [Click to Open]
- Audio Recording of Session 1 [Click to Open]
- Video Recording of Session 2 [Click to Open]
- Audio Recording of Session 2 [Click to Open]
- Video Recording of Session 3 [Click to Open]
- Audio Recording of Session 3 [Click to Open]
- Video Recording of Session 4 [Click to Open]
- Audio Recording of Session 4 [Click to Open]
- Video Recording of Session 5 [Click to Open]
- Audio Recording of Session 5 [Click to Open]
- Video Recording of Session 6 [Click to Open]
- Audio Recording of Session 6 [Click to Open]
Course Outline and Description of Sessions
Session 1: Mindfulness, self-connection, and the 5-step mediation model. Practicing interpersonal mindfulness/self-connection, self-expression, and empathic listening in a mediation context.
Session 2: Intensity Exercise Level 2: Integrating self-connection, self-empathy, and consciously choosing empathic speaking and listening when you are in a difficult conversation with another.
Session 3: Mediating difficult conversations with the 5-step mediation process, practicing connection requests.
Session 4: Facilitating solution requests and agreements in difficult conversations, a 3 Chairs Process for Difficult Conversations.
Session 5: Mediating difficult conversations between yourself and others using an interpersonal mediation process and interpersonal mindfulness
Session 6: Deepening & Integration - In this final session, we'll review and deepen the practice and learning, and discuss how you can continue your learning and development and receive support after the course.