FREE Introductory Webinar with John Kinyon
Wednesday May 8, 4:00-5:00pm Pacific Time
In this one hour introductory webinar, John will present and demonstrate his approach to the skills and practices of empathic communication, and answer questions. Click the button below for more information and to register.
Monthly Free Online Community Practice Sessions with John Kinyon.
NO SESSION ON MAY 4. NEXT SESSION IS JUNE 1.
First Fridays of the month (unless otherwise posted), 12-1pm Pacific. The online practice session is based in the international work of Compassionate Communication (Nonviolent Communication/NVC), and the Mediate Your Life (MYL) training that I've co-created and developed over the past 15 years. This online session is an opportunity to connect or re-connect with this community for sharing, practice, and support. It is both for people who are already familiar with this work and who want to connect with the community and practice in a warm, supportive, and caring environment; and it's for people who are new and interested in checking it out (you can observe, ask questions, and share about what you're experiencing). The sessions include: sharing of celebrations and challenges using the skills and maps, Q&A, demonstrations, and practice. The meetings happen through Zoom video conferencing system. To join the practice session, click on this link: https://zoom.us/j/468797381. You can join by computer or call in by phone (US: +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968. Meeting ID: 468 797 381. International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference). For information help about Zoom and how to use it, click here.
NVC Mediation Weekly Practice Group, led by Jan Blum. Wednesdays 5pm Eastern, USA. Email Jan for more info: email@example.com.
John Kinyon/Mediate Your Life Handouts
- 3Chairs Process for Difficult Conversations [Click to Download]
- Universal Feelings and Needs Sheet [Click to Download]
- Elements of Empathy [Click to Download]
Mediate Your Life Books by John Kinyon, Ike Lasater, and Julie Stiles
- Choosing Peace: New Ways to Communicate to Reduce Stress, Create Connection, and Resolve Conflict. Volume 1 in the Mediate Your Life series. Published 2014.
- From Conflict to Connection: Transforming Difficult Conversations into Peaceful Resolutions. Volume 2 in the Mediate Your Life series. Published 2015.
- When Your Mind Sabotages Your Dreams: Turning Your Critical Internal Voices into Collaborative Allies. Volume 3 in the Mediate Your Life series. Published 2017.
Other Recommended NVC Books, Audio Recordings, Websites
- Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life. By Marshall Rosenberg, Ph.D. Marshall is the creator of Nonviolent Communication (NVC) and founder of the Center for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC).
- We Can Work It Out. Booklet by Marshall Rosenberg, Ph.D. on NVC Mediation.
- Getting Past the Pain Between Us. Booklet by Marshall Rosenberg, Ph.D on the Healing and Reconciliation Process.
- The Surprising Purpose of Anger. Booklet by Marshall Rosenberg, Ph.D.
- Speak Peace in a World of Conflict. Book by Marshall Rosenberg, Ph.D.
- Practical Spirituality. Booklet by Marshall Rosenberg, Ph.D. on the spiritual basis of NVC.
- Nonviolent Communication Training Course. 9 Audio CDs and Workbook Kit by Marshall Rosenberg.
- The Center for Nonviolent Communication
- PuddleDancer Press. Nonviolent Communication books and resources.
- NVC Academy Multimedia Library. Recordings of John Kinyon and many other trainers of the Center for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC) from around the world.
- Your Resonant Self: Guided Meditations and Exercises to Engage Your Brain's Capacity for Healing. By Sarah Peyton. Interpersonal neurobiology and healing traumatic experiences from an NVC perspective.
Other Highly Recommended Complimentary Bodies of Work
- Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself. By Kristin Neff, Ph.D.
- The Neuroscience of Change: A Compassion-Based Program for Personal Transformation. By Kelly McGonigal, Ph.D. Sounds True Recordings.
- Brene Brown, Ph.D. Researcher, author, speaker on shame, vulnerability, and authenticity. One of the best TED talks ever!
- David Whyte. Poet, author, speaker. Authenticity, compassion and courageous conversations. I particularly recommend listening to David's talks.
- Elkhart Tolle. Spiritual teacher. Books: The Power of Now. A New Earth. Website: https://www.eckharttolle.com.
- Rupert Spira. Nonduality spiritual teacher. Tremendous clarity on understanding and practicing nonduality.
- Speaking Circles International, Lee Glickstein. Public speaking in the art of relational presence.
- Sam Harris. Known for his provocative stance on atheism and religion, and for his hugely poplar and acclaimed Waking Up podcast at the intersection of politics, science, and mindfulness.