Monthly free online Mediate Your Life practice group with John Kinyon. First Fridays of the month (unless otherwise posted), 12-1pm Pacific. This group is for people who have taken a Mediate Your Life (MYL) training and want practice and stay connected with the work and the community. And it's also open to those who are new to and curious about Compassionate Communication (Nonviolent Communication/NVC) or MYL and want to observe. The sessions include: Q&A, demonstrations, and practice. The meetings happen through Zoom video conferencing system. To join the practice session, click on this link: https://zoom.us/j/468797381. You can join by computer or call in by phone (US: +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968. Meeting ID: 468 797 381. International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference). For information help about Zoom and how to use it, click here.
Mediate Your Life Books by John Kinyon, Ike Lasater, and Julie Stiles
- Choosing Peace: New Ways to Communicate to Reduce Stress, Create Connection, and Resolve Conflict. Volume 1 in the Mediate Your Life series. Published 2014.
- From Conflict to Connection: Transforming Difficult Conversations into Peaceful Resolutions. Volume 2 in the Mediate Your Life series. Published 2015.
- When Your Mind Sabotages Your Dreams: Turning Your Critical Internal Voices into Collaborative Allies. Volume 3 in the Mediate Your Life series. Published 2017.
Other Recommended Books & Audio Recordings
- Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life. By Marshall Rosenberg, Ph.D.
- Speaking Peace: Connecting with Others Through Nonviolent Communication. Audio CD by Marshall Rosenberg.
- Nonviolent Communication Training Course. 9 Audio CDs and Workbook Kit by Marshall Rosenberg.
- NVC Academy Multimedia Library. Recordings of John Kinyon and many other trainers of the Center for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC) from around the world.
- Your Resonant Self: Guided Meditations and Exercises to Engage Your Brain's Capacity for Healing. By Sarah Peyton
- Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself. By Kristin Neff, Ph.D.
- The Neuroscience of Change: A Compassion-Based Program for Personal Transformation. By Kelly McGonigal, Ph.D. Sounds True Recordings.
- The Center for Nonviolent Communication
- PuddleDancer Press. Nonviolent Communication books and resources.